They charge too much for art! Can't afford....?
This concept was first introduced to me years ago when I first started selling artwork and also occasionally having the spare funds to buy artwork.
At one point I had lowered prices when people could not afford to buy my work, etc. As a few friends have told me and I've come to realize myself, there should be absolutely no complaint over pricing of artwork.
Points to clear up:
- I very well understand when artwork has seemingly no effort put in but only sells well do to artist fame
- I also understand when branding raises the price of things like custom species/adopts more than "they should sell for"
- And I understand when people selling too cheap "ruin market" for people who price higher
- And when those who price higher for "things you can get by another artist" shouldn't be "pricing that high"
- Etc, various other reasons
These are all things I've heard from people and considered myself to see if they were valid points. (which I have now come to realize, they can be valid but are c